This kind of a campaign is good because it is simple for customers to understand. Points are usually displayed in a monetary denomination such as “Dollars” or “Bucks” rather than points. Usually these sites have high Average Order Values (AOV) to be able to absorb the higher margin loss caused from redemptions (10%).
- 1 dollar for every $10 spent
- Extra 1 dollar on high margin/sale/clearance items
Customer Behavior Rules
- 1 dollar for every friend referred who makes their first purchase
- 1 dollar for every Facebook like, with a daily maximum of 1
- 1 dollar for approved reviews
- 1 point = 1 dollar off in a shopping cart slider