This campaign is to be used with a B2B wholesale product, or a customer group subset of wholesalers. These users tend to have large, infrequent orders in bulk. The solution is to determine wholesaler “steps”, and incentivize a higher basket size for each purchase. Margin loss must be lowered as well. We will use a very small point scale to make the loyalty program easier to understand, and point balances low enough to be more manageable.
- Subtotal $0-$500 - 1 point for every $100 spent
- Subtotal $501-$1,000 - 2 points for every $100 spent
- Subtotal $1,001-$2,000 - 3 points for every $100 spent
- Subtotal >=$2,001 - 4 points for every $100 spent
- Spend 100 points for $50 off
- Spend 200 points for $125 off
- Spend 500 points for $400 off
- Spend 1,000 points for $1,000 off
- Spend 1,500 points for $2,000 off
- Spend 5,000 points for $10,000 off
- this might seem high, but even if the wholesaler earns the most points per dollar spent (4 points for every $100 spent), this will only be an 8% margin loss.
- wholesaler would spent at least $125,000 to get a $10,000 discount = 8% margin