Basic MageRewards Knowledge
Basic knowledge of Magento is required to operate MageRewards and understand how it works. You must know how to navigate the back end of Magento. You must also be familiar with Magento's rule system.
Glossary of Terms
- Distribution - sending points out to a customer(s)
- Redemption - customer(s) spending points
- Point Rule - a rule that applies to your store that will determine how points are transferred.
- Point Earning Rule - a rule that applies to your store that will determine how points are awarded/sent to customers.
- Point Spending Rule - a rule that applies to your store that will determine how customers can spend/redeem points.
- Catalog- refers to the set of all products within the store
- Shopping Cart - refers to a customer's shopping cart in the frontend
- Customer Behavior - an action taken by the customer that is not involved with a purchase. This is also known as a "special rule". Examples include: writing reviews, rating a product, signing up for a customer account, voting in a poll, sending product to a friend, signing up for a newsletter subscription and making a new product tag.
- MageRewards IIR - MageRewards Installation Information Request. This is sent to you if you opt for installation from the MageRewards team.