Customer Behavior Rule Triggers
Some sample customer actions or events that can be used as triggers are (as of MageRewards Version 1.6):
- writes review: customer reviews a product in your store
- rates a product: customer rates (out of 5 stars) a product in your store
- This acts as the same thing as the review rewards type rule because in the default Magento installation (1.x), you are required to write a review if you are rating a product.
- signs up: a customer signs up for a customer account for your store
- votes in poll: a customer takes part in a poll that you have set up in your store
- sends product to friend: a customer sends someone they know a link to one of your products via email.
- signs up for a newsletter: customer signs up for your store's email newsletter
- Tags a product: customer creates a unique tag for one of your products.
- Customer LIKES something on Facebook: Give points to a customer that "likes" a product in your catalog using facebook. See MageRewards Facebook for more information about this.
- Customer's birthday occurs: This trigger happens when a customer's birthday has occurred. This only triggers if the customer has specified their birthday.
- Customer tweets about a product/page on Twitter: Give points to customers that tweet about a product or a page on your store.
- Customer +1's a product/page on Google+: Give points to customers for +1'ing a product or a page on your store.
- Customer pin's a product on Pinterest: Give points to customers for pinning a product on Pinterest
For more details about these please check Earn points for sharing products on Social Sites (Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest!)
New Customer Behavior Rule triggers as of MageRewards 1.7.8
- Customer shares their referral link through Twitter or by sending email invitation: Give points to your customers for sharing their referral link on Twitter or by sending email invitations. See Earn points for sharing your referral link for more information.
- Customer follows your store on Twitter: Reward your customers for following your store on Twitter. For more details, please check Setting Up Twitter Follow Rewarding.
Referral Module Customer Action Triggers
When you install the MageRewards affiliate/referrals module, new customer actions are added to the triggers section. Some of these include:
- Referral makes first orderYou can specify a fixed amount of points in the actions section that the affiliate gets as a result of the referral making their first order.
- Referral signs up to website
- Referral make any orderYou can specify a percentage % amount of points in the actions section that the affiliate gets as a result of the referral making any order.