Set up a rule to reward for sharing your referral link
This guide will walk you through the steps needed to set-up a rule for rewarding customers for sharing their referral link on Twitter or sending email invitations.
NOTE: Available starting with MageRewards 18.104.22.168.
How to set-up a points earning rule for sharing a customer's referral link
The Points earning rules for sharing a uses referral link is configured in the Magento Admin panel, under: Rewards > Reward Rules > Earning Rules > Customer Behavior
- From the Customer Behavior points rule page, click the Add New Customer Behavior Rule button
- From the Rule Information tab, under the General Information section:
- Type a rule name in the Rule Name field
- Select “Active” from the Status dropdown box,
- Select the appropriate Website from the Website field list
- From the Triggers and Conditions tab:
- Under the Triggers section, select Customer Action or Event - Shares their referral link.
- Under the Condition section, select the group(s) the rule is to apply to from the Group Is field list
- Under the Action tab, in the Fixed Amount field, type the number of points you want customers to earn
- Save the rule
On the front-end you should see the following:
Customers can you the Refer Friends button to quickly share their referral link on Twitter.
Also, customers can do this from My Account > My Referrals section, where they can also share their referral link through email, by using the Send Invitations form.