Cash On Delivery Compatibility
See Issue Status for details.
Resolved with modifications.
Note: MageRewards 126.96.36.199 doesn't have any conflicts with CashOnDelivery 0.2.1
Note: MageRewards 188.8.131.52 doesn't have any conflicts with CashOnDelivery 0.0.6, but on cart page 'Grand Total' is wrongly calculated. Please follow this step to fix this: edit file TBT_Rewards.xml in app/etc/modules and add "<depends><Webshopapps_Cod/></depends> within module tag. Something like this:
...<br> <depends><br> <TBT_Common/><br> <Mage_Rule/><br> <Mage_Catalog/><br> <Mage_Sales/><br> <Mage_Customer/> <Webshopapps_Cod/><br> </depends><br> ...
The Cash On Delivery Magento Extension by Phoenix Medien - DE and/or WebShopApps is incompatible with MageRewards version 184.108.40.206 and below point redemptions. It causes checkout issues.
Also the Webshopapps_Cashondelivery extension causes the sales order view page for the customer to no longer show points earned for an order. The customer can still see all associated points in the My Points & Rewards page for the order however.
When the Cash On Delivery Magento Extension is enabled, it tries to rewrite the core Magento's Quote model. The issue is that MageRewards also tries to do this (see programmer's guide). The end result is undefined as to which Quote model gets rewritten and it causes issues.
When the COD module eats up the rewrite, one user reported the following error:
Call to undefined function Webshopapps_Cashondelivery_Model_Quote::collectQuoteToOrderTransfers(Array ( ))
when customers were trying to checkout using redmeptions while the COD extension is installed.
1. If it exists, copy app/code/ community/Mage/CashOnDelivery/Model/Quote.php to app/code/local/Mage/CashOnDelivery/Model/Quote.php so that you are not modifying core extension files. (Note: The file Quote.php doesn't exist with Phoenix CashOnDelivery 1.0.2.)
2. Open app/code/ local/Mage/CashOnDelivery/Model/Quote.php, change:
3. If it exists, open app/code/ local/WebShopApps/Cashondelivery/Model/Quote.php, change:
4. Open /app/etc/modules/WebShopApps_Cashondelivery.xml and add dependency for TBT_Rewards module as shown here (see Resolving extension conflicts):
<WebShopApps_Cashondelivery> <active>true</active> <codePool>community</codePool> <depends> <TBT_Rewards /> </depends> </WebShopApps_Cashondelivery>
5. Upload new and modified files to your server.
6. Clear your cache.
Please keep in mind that implementing any modifications to your MageRewards core code does void your support agreement because you're adding dependency to the other module.